Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Metro Times - Arts: The art of seeing art

Metro Times - Arts: The art of seeing art
Charles McGee - Artist

I was introduced to the work of Charles McGee over the weekend and as it turns out, he has encountered some serious medical problems and has been hospitalized. SO, I wanted to take this opportunity to not only share his work, talent and passion with you but also to send out my hope that he will heal and return to his passion and his life very soon.
I know very little about Charles McGee at this point but am very impressed and inspired by what I have read and seen of the man, the artist and his work. So, I want to share some of what I have learned with you today.
McGee's work can be seen at the Detroit Institute of Arts.
His work is also exhibited in hospitals, as well as other museums. Read more about his life and work, his perspective and awards that he has received in his career as an artist in the following articles and websites:
'Spirit of Renewal' sculpture unveiling
ART X in Detroit and Charles McGee
Charles McGee: Metamorphosis and Kinetic Energy
Charles McGee at wikipedia
Detroiter Charles McGee Named First-ever Kresge Eminent Artist
Charles McGee Eminent Artist Bio Page at the Kresge Foundation website
Check out a video of Charles McGee with one of his sculptures in the VOICES exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment