Saturday, April 9, 2011

Michigan Central Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michigan Central Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I have previously posted about Michigan Central Station in Corktown as it is my favorite building in the city of Detroit. Officially, the doors closed in 1988 but it has still been visited by many over the past couple of decades. I have visited on several occasions to photograph the beauty of the ruins that stand as a symbol and a reminder of what once was a bustling center in Detroit. The following photographs were taken by me on one such visit to the site and I wanted to share them with you today.




2 comments:

  1. Love your photos of this great state. When I saw Michigan Central it brought back many memories of train trips when I was a child. My husband also worked there before we married. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming to my blog and I appreciate your kind remarks. This building has always brought visions to mind of a different era for me and how I wish I could have seen it in it's prime with all the people coming and going.

    ReplyDelete